HCP provides comprehensive care coordination for children with special health care needs and their families. In particular, HCP offers:
- Specialized health care clinics
- Information and referral to appropriate resources
- Support and coordination by a public health nurse
- Family support
- Tele Health
Skilled public health nurses work with the family and primary physicians to help assess needs and link the family to HCP and other specialty clinics, therapies, community agencies and programs for which the child and family are eligible.
- Children age 0 to 21 years old.
- Have special health care needs.
- Children with traumatic brain injury.
- Resident of Colorado.
There is no charge to families who qualify financially. There are sliding fees associated with specialty clinics, and the child's insurance is billed by specialty providers. Families are assisted in applying for Medicaid, CHP+, and SSI where appropriate.