Safe Care ®
What We Do
SafeCare® is a nationally recognized, evidence-based, in-home parent education program that provides direct skills training to caregivers in the areas of parenting, home safety, and child health.
Our home visitors help parents with children age 0 – 5 learn to:
- Reduce challenging child behaviors.
- Increase positive time with their children.
- Remove common household safety hazards.
- Identify and respond to common child sicknesses or injuries.
- Engage children in simple activities.
SafeCare® typically takes 18 – 20 weekly in-home sessions to complete (about 4 – 6 months) and each session lasts 1 – 1.5 hours.
Call (970) 248-6900 for more information or email SafeCare@mesacounty.us
SafeCare® is funded by CDHS, and administered by Mesa County Public Health with the support of the Kempe Center.