What We Do
SafeCare® is a nationally recognized, evidence-based, in-home parent education program that provides direct skills training to caregivers in the areas of parenting, home safety, and child health.
Our home visitors help parents with children age 0 - 5 learn to:
• Reduce challenging child behaviors.
• Increase positive time with their children.
• Remove common household safety hazards.
• Identify and respond to common child sicknesses or injuries.
• Engage children in simple activities.
SafeCare® typically takes 18 – 20 weekly in-home sessions to complete (about 4 – 6 months) and each session lasts 1 – 1.5 hours.
Call (970) 248-6900 for more information or email SafeCare@mesacounty.us
SafeCare® is funded by CDHS, and administered by Mesa County Health Department with the support of the Kempe Center.