Immunizations keep our community healthy
- Immunizations protect you, your family
and our community.
- Mesa County Health Department Public
Health Clinic offers adult,
child and travel immunizations.
- Last year, MCHD staff administered
nearly 1,000 flu immunizations to citizens at local businesses and administered
back-to-school immunizations to nearly 200 Mesa County children over a two day
open clinic period.
- Students entering kindergarten must be
up-to-date on all required immunizations for attending school.
- This includes the immunization for
Tetanus, Diphtheria and Pertussis (DTaP or Tdap).
- For sixth graders, this is an
additional requirement, even if the child was current on all immunizations in
- MCHD will hold two back-to-school
immunization clinics July 13 and 14 from 8 – 4 p.m.
- Appointments for these clinics will be
- Bring a copy of your child’s
immunization record for faster service.
- Adult and child immunization schedules
are available at health.mesacounty.us.
should also be aware of immunization services at MCHD.
- We offer educational materials and
counseling for safer international travel.
- We can administer 14 different
immunizations to keep you healthy during your trip.
- We serve all patients, regardless of
ability to pay.
- We accept all major health insurance
plans including Medicaid, Medicare and the Children’s Health Insurance Plan.
- We also have programs for those without insurance.
- Call (970) 248-6906 or visit our
website for more information.
how are mesa county residents accessing health
- In 2015, 40 percent of emergency
department visits in Mesa County could have been treated by a routine provider.
Care Access in Mesa County report helps explain why.
- The report includes information on:
- Barriers to care, such as insurance,
lack of funds and lack of transportation.
- Ratios of primary care physicians,
physician assistants, nurses, psychologists and dentists.
- Medicaid and CHP+ enrollment.
- Have questions? Want to request
another report? Visit us here
and tell us what you’d like to see!