Español English

Free COVID-19 Testing in Mesa County

Testing helps us understand how many cases are in Mesa County and where the virus spreads in our community. Learn how you can register for a test and receive results in a few days, even without insurance or a doctor’s note.

1. Register for your test

Mesa County Public Health

510 29 1/2 Road, Grand Junction, CO 


Days Available
8 am to 2 pm
Test Type
Nasal swab

Registration Encouraged

Ages: 6 months and older

Register to Save Time

D51 COVID-19 Testing Sites

Grand Mesa Middle and Fruita Monument High

Days Available
10 am to 5 pm
Test Type
Nasal swab and saliva (spit)

Registration Required

Register (Required)

District 51 students and faculty have a special registration link which can be found here.  The above link can be used for the general community.

2. Access your testing results

Results are processed through labs outside MCPH. Testing turnaround times vary depending on the lab but are typically returned in 2-4 days.

You will be notified by the lab that processed your test. Instructions for results are given onsite when the test is performed.

Use the links below to be directed to the sites for the labs we use to process results. If offered by the lab, you’ll need your account or appointment information to access your results.

Mesa County Public Health

Mako Medical

Access Your Results

D51 Testing Locations

COVIDCheck Colorado

Access Your Results


Business Partnership Program

Access Your Results

You do not need health insurance or a doctor’s note to be tested for COVID-19.

Tests are offered free of charge.

Other community testing sites can be found here.


Call Your Provider

Several health care clinics offer COVID-19 testing in Mesa County. These locations play an important role in identifying COVID-19 cases quickly, which has been a key factor in ensuring case counts remain at manageable levels and do not overwhelm our hospitals.

It is a good idea to call your primary care physician first with symptoms of illness, they know your medical history and can offer guidance for what may be best for you.

If you do not have a primary care doctor, call MCPH.