The Great American Smokeout is Nov. 16 and residents who are ready to quit tobacco should put a quit plan together to help them be successful in reaching their goals.
Create your plan using dates as markers including:
- Contact Colorado Quitline or visit healthymesacounty.org to find FREE resources to get you started.
- Get rid of your smoking triggers, such as lighters, ash trays, matches etc.
- Your quit date.
Don’t forget to include celebrations on your quit plan calendar. Quitting is hard, so being one day, week, month and year smokefree are big accomplishments. Adding dates to treat yourself for your success to your calendar will help keep you motivated and feeling positive.
Local and national resources are available to help you do just that at healthymesacounty.org.
- The Colorado Quitline – 1-800-QUIT-NOW (1-800-784-8669)
- Hilltop’s Tobacco Cessation Support Group – (970) 244-0614
- B4Babies Baby & Me Tobacco Free Program – (970) 254-2206
- St. Mary’s Hospital Tobacco Free Workplace Program – (970) 298-2351
- Primary Care Partners well-coaching and medication geared toward tobacco cessation