Public Health Emerging Issues
August 23, 2021
Cue Rapid COVID-19 Test Temporarily Paused at MCPH
- Due to delayed shipment of testing supplies and the prioritization of testing for Mesa County Valley School District 51 schools, Mesa County Public Health (MCPH) is not offering the Cue rapid COVID-19 test until further notice.
- The Cue test is highly accurate at identifying both symptomatic and asymptomatic cases of COVID-19 with a turnaround time of about 20 minutes.
- The test is an FDA authorized molecular diagnostic test.
- This rapid testing option is available at other community testing sites, including the CovidCheck Colorado sites at the Fruita 8/9 School and Central High School.
- The MCPH Community Testing Site continues to offer lab-based PCR COVID-19 testing, with a turnaround time of 36-48 hours once the sample is received at the lab.
- Hours of operation are 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday through Friday in the parking lot of the MCPH building, located at 510 29 ½ Road.
- See more COVID-19 testing options in Mesa County here.
- An appointment is not required, but you can pre-register online to save some time at the testing site.
- Both unvaccinated and vaccinated people are encouraged to utilize free community testing for COVID-19.
- COVID-19 symptoms may include fever, cough, shortness of breath, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headaches, loss of sense of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or a runny nose, nausea or vomiting, and diarrhea. Symptoms commonly appear 2-14 days after exposure.
Mesa County continues to see widespread community transmission of COVID-19. The spread of the Delta variant in our community makes testing, in addition to vaccination, an important tool to slow the spread of illness.