The Mesa County Community Services campus is updating their hours of operation effective November 6th, 2023. The new hours are Monday through Thursday from 7:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. and Fridays from 7:30 a.m. – noon.
This change impacts the Workforce Center (512 29 1/2 Road) and Health and Human Services Building (510 29 ½ Road).
“The aligned hours across all buildings on campus will mean less guesswork for the community,” said Jill Calvert, Human Services Executive Director. “This will make it easier to schedule appointments and access services.”
The new hours give community members earlier access to the most popular services, such as the Public Health Clinic and Economic Assistance. The public is encouraged to ask questions about hours for any services that are by-appointment only.
“This is one campus with one purpose: to empower the lives of Mesa County residents,” said Todd Hollenbeck, Interim Executive Director of Mesa County Public Health. “This gives us an opportunity to remind the community about the resources and programs that exist to build stronger families and professionals.”
Over 80,000 households are served by programs at the Community Services Campus. Staff who serve at the Community Services Campus are excited to continue empowering lives with updated, aligned hours of operation.
Partial List of Programs and Services
- Economic Assistance programs including Long-Term Care, Medicaid and SNAP.
- Child Welfare and Adult Protection including adoption, foster care and permanency.
- Birth and Death Certificates.
- Public Health Clinic including vaccine services and reproductive healthcare.
- Grand Valley Connects helps people find and apply for health and economic assistance resources.
- Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) provides nutrition education, breastfeeding support, and help paying for healthy groceries.
Workforce Center Programs & Services
- Business services including the business center, candidate screening, recruiting assistance and on-the-job training.
- Job seeker services including the Career Development Program, workshops and the resource room.