Who We Are
Mesa County Public Health, formed in 1948, provides a wide range of public and environmental health services to Mesa County residents and, in some programs, the region.
Our mission, to maintain and improve health through assessment of community health status, policy development to support effective programs, and assurance of high quality, effective education and service, is the driving force behind our programming and community collaborations.
Our services include health education, data analysis, disease surveillance and response, air quality, restaurant inspections, child care licensing, water quality, immunizations, family planning, WIC, birth and death records, Nurse-Family Partnership, SafeCare, Medicaid and CHP+, specialty clinics and care coordination.
Jeff Kuhr PhD
Diana Williams MPH
Pat Steinkirchner MBA
Hours of Operation
Monday – Thursday 8 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
* Fruita location: Limited hours & services, call (970)248-6900 for an appointment.
The following holidays are observed in 2016:
- New Years Day – January 1
- Martin Luther King Day – January 18
- President’s Day – February 15
- Memorial Day – May 30
- Independence Day – July 4
- Labor Day – September 5
- Veteran’s Day – November 11
- Thanksgiving – November 24 & 25
- Christmas – December 26