In an emergency, would your family be ready?
An emergency can be a natural disaster, a terrorist attack or even a water main break or power outage.
Have a plan.
- Create an emergency plan for your family so they know how to communicate in a disaster and so you know where needed resources can be found.
- Prepare your family for at least three days without electricity, running water or access to a grocery store. Assemble a disaster supply kit with at least three days of food and water.
Know your risk.
- Bookmark weather.gov or another local news website to stay up to date on the latest severe weather.
- Sign up for emergency alerts through the City of Grand Junction. Do that here.
- Get an NOAA weather radio.
For more tips, visit