COVID-19 VACCINATION UPDATE
April 15, 2021
- Mesa County Public Health (MCPH) is expanding hours at its Community Vaccination Site (CVS) to include evenings and weekends.
- Expanded appointments are still available for Saturday, April 17 in the morning hours.
- Appointments are required for COVID-19 vaccination, visit our website for vaccine scheduling links available in English and Spanish for an appointment as soon as the next day.
- This week, we are administering about 1,500 vaccine doses per day, the majority of which are second doses. We have enough vaccine to administer about 3,000 doses per day.
- As of the week ending April 10, 46,362 first doses and 25,718 second doses have been administered in Mesa County for a total of 72,080 doses.
- We estimate approximately 66% of individuals age 70+ and 60% of those between the ages of 60-69 have received a first dose.
- Approximately 30% of the total Mesa County eligible population (16 years and older) is fully vaccinated, meaning they have received both doses in a two-dose series, or a single dose vaccine.
- It takes approximately two weeks for the vaccine to provide full protection.
- A Vaccine Dashboard is updated weekly on the Mesa County Public Health (MCPH) website.
- MCPH continues to operate a Community Vaccination Site located at the Grand Junction Convention Center at 159 Main St, Grand Junction, CO 81501.
- The largely volunteer-run effort uses 140-200 volunteers each day including 50 medical volunteers (vaccinators, draw nurses, observation) and hundreds of non-medical volunteers (navigators, data entry).
- If you would like to volunteer to help, sign up here.
- If you are unable to complete scheduling online call 970-248-6900. Press Option 7, and leave a callback number. Individuals who are more comfortable communicating in Spanish should call the Mesa County Public Health Spanish-language line at 970-255-3700.
- The State of Colorado has set up a Vaccine Hotline, available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, with answers to general vaccine questions available in multiple languages. Call 1-877-CO-VAX-CO (1-877-268-2926).