Public Health Emerging Issues
June 16, 2021
COVID-19 VACCINATION UPDATE
- As of the week ending June 12, 52,138 first doses and 52,580 second doses have been administered in Mesa County for a total of 104,718 doses. By age that breaks down as the following percentages for first doses:
- Age 12-15: 13.3%
- Age 16-19: 21.8%
- Age 20-29: 27.5%
- Age 30-39: 33.4%
- Age 40-49: 38%
- Age 50-59: 46.9%
- Age 60-69: 65.8%
- 70+: 67.7%
- Total: 43.56%
- Approximately 39% of Mesa County residents age 12 and older are fully vaccinated, meaning they have received both doses in a two-dose series, or a single dose vaccine.
- A Vaccine Dashboard is updated weekly on the MCPH website with new data related to vaccine by age group.
- The Power the Comeback COVID-19 FREE Vaccine Bus is back through June 20. No appointment, ID, or insurance is required. See locations and hours of operation below:
- Wednesday, June 16, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the corner of Crossroads Blvd. & Horizon Dr.
- Thursday, June 17, 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. at the Mesa Mall (parking lot near Men’s Wearhouse)
- Friday, June 18, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. at 1650 Hwy 6 & 50
- Saturday, June 19, 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. at Whitman Park (S. 4th St. & Pitkin Ave.)
- Sunday, June 20, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the Laurel House (3197 N 12th St.)
- Widespread vaccination is a critical tool to help stop the pandemic.
- People who are fully vaccinated can resume activities that they did prior to the pandemic. Learn more about what you and your child or teen can do when you have been fully vaccinated.
- Vaccination is critically important as case counts continue to be at a sustained increase in Mesa County and community transmission of variants including the more contagious and severe, Delta variant is widespread.
- The Community Vaccination Site, located at 510 29 ½ Road, accepts walk-ins for COVID-19 vaccine. Hours of operation are Wednesday through Friday from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Immediate scheduling for appointments is still available and can make the process easier, especially for those who need or desire a specific vaccine type (i.e 12-17 age group only eligible for Pfizer vaccine).
- Children 12 years and older are able to get the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine.
- MCPH administers Pfizer vaccine Wednesdays and Saturdays. The scheduling website will only allow appointments for this age group on scheduled Pfizer days, and a parent or guardian must be present at the vaccine appointment.
- Schedule your vaccine today using these links: English or Spanish. You can choose your vaccine type on the scheduling website.
- A community vaccination effort in the form of a cash incentive campaign is underway. Cash prizes, including two $500 prizes a week and a grand prize that could build up to $90,000 are up for grabs. The second set of $500 dollar winners will be announced Friday, June 19.
- Mesa County residents, regardless of where they were vaccinated are eligible to enter.
- Residents must enter to win, this contest does not automatically enroll participants.
- Previously vaccinated individuals are able to register. Enter your most recent vaccination date on your entry form.
- More information can be found here.
- Individuals may enter the Big Shot giveaway in addition to the Colorado Comeback Cash initiative through the State of Colorado.
- The Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE) is offering a Power the Comeback business pledge, website, and toolkit to support Colorado businesses and their frontline workers. Find the pledge and additional resources at www.bizpledgeco.com.
- As you plan summertime activities, remember that full protection builds in the two weeks following your second dose (or after your first dose of a single dose vaccine). Plan today to ensure the safest possible interactions this summer.
- If you are unable to complete scheduling online, call 970-248-6900. Press Option 7. Individuals who are more comfortable communicating in Spanish should call the Mesa County Public Health Spanish-language line at 970-255-3700.
- The State of Colorado has set up a Vaccine Hotline, available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, with answers to general vaccine questions available in multiple languages. Call 1-877-CO-VAX-CO (1-877-268-2926).