Public Health Emerging Issues
March 10, 2021
COVID-19 VACCINATION UPDATE
- The CDC issued an update to its mask-wearing recommendations on Monday (March 8) saying fully vaccinated individuals can now gather indoors with other fully vaccinated people without wearing a mask. More information on the updated guidance can be found here.
- Due to an increase in available vaccine, individuals in the current or previous distribution phases can schedule an appointment immediately after filling out the vaccine interest form on MCPH’s website. See eligibility requirements here.
- Appointments may be available as soon as the next day, increasing access to the vaccine and getting us closer to community vaccination goals, allowing our community to reopen more quickly.
- Individuals who do not yet meet distribution guidelines are still able to fill out the form. Once the individual becomes eligible, they will receive an email or phone call containing further scheduling information.
- Mesa County is in Phase 1B.3 of vaccine distribution. This phase includes:
- People age 60 or older.
- Frontline essential agricultural and grocery store workers.
- People age 16-59 with two or more high-risk conditions.
- As of the week ending March 5, 26,639 first doses and 10,589 second doses have been administered in Mesa County for a total of 37,228 doses.
- A Vaccine Dashboard is updated weekly on the Mesa County Public Health (MCPH) website.
- MCPH continues operating a Point of Distribution (POD) mass vaccination site by appointment only at the Grand Junction Convention Center, located at 159 Main Street.
- If you are unable to complete scheduling online call 970-248-6900. Press Option 7, and leave a callback number. Individuals who are more comfortable communicating in Spanish should call the Mesa County Public Health Spanish-language line at 970-255-3700.
- The State of Colorado has set up a Vaccine Hotline, available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, with answers to general vaccine questions available in multiple languages. Call 1-877-CO-VAX-CO (1-877-268-2926).