Public Health Emerging Issues
March 18, 2021
COVID-19 VACCINATION UPDATE
- As of the week ending March 12, 31,435 first doses and 14,820 second doses have been administered in Mesa County for a total of 46,255 doses. A Vaccine Dashboard is updated weekly on the Mesa County Public Health (MCPH) website.
- On Wednesday, March 17, Mesa County’s mass vaccination site at the Grand Junction Convention Center became one of six state-run mass vaccination sites.
- The new partnership with the state allows any person in Colorado to get vaccinated at the convention center.
- MCPH is increasing available appointment slots for vaccine at the convention center and has opened eligibility.
- Visit our website for scheduling links available in English and Spanish.
- If your phase or reason for qualification says ‘open for scheduling,’ you will be directed to our self-scheduling tool to make your vaccine appointment.
- Appointments may be available as soon as the next day, increasing access to the vaccine and getting us closer to community vaccination goals, allowing our community to reopen more quickly.
- With expanded eligibility we continue to prioritize those who are most at risk due to age or working conditions including:
- People ages 50 and older
- Student-facing higher education faculty and staff
- Frontline essential workers in food/restaurant services
- Frontline essential workers in manufacturing
- Frontline essential workers for the U.S. Postal Service
- Frontline essential workers in public transit
- Frontline essential workers in public health
- Frontline essential human service workers
- Faith leaders
- Frontline essential direct care providers for people experiencing homelessness
- Frontline essential journalists
- Continuity of local government
- Continuation of operations for state government
- Adults who received a placebo during COVID-19 vaccine trials
- People age 16-49 with one high-risk condition