Springtime is a great time to try new things and to reach new heights – including quitting tobacco. The second 2017 Mesa County Smokeout quit date is today, giving residents a chance to quit tobacco together, as a community.
Spring is a perfect time of year to quit because it offers up lots of ways to beat tobacco and nicotine cravings.
Enjoy the spring weather and curb those cravings:
- Go for a walk or a bike ride with your family.
- Start a garden and brighten up your yard.
- Have a picnic in the park.
- Hike one of our local trails.
Keep in mind, quitting tobacco is hard. It takes most people several tries to successfully quit. Talk to your family and friends and let them know that you’re quitting and that you need their support.
Make a plan and stick to it. Local and national resources are available to help you do just that at healthymesacounty.org.
- The Colorado Quitline – 1-800-QUIT-NOW (1-800-784-8669)
- Hilltop’s Tobacco Cessation Support Group – (970) 244-0614
- B4Babies Baby & Me Tobacco Free Program
- St. Mary’s Hospital tobacco cessation clinical visits at the Regional Cancer Center
- Primary Care Partners well-coaching and medication geared toward tobacco cessation