School is back and that means … homework.
Yes, everyone’s favorite!
Set your kids up for success, parents, by following a few suggestions:
- Make yourself available and help decipher directions, but do not do the work for them. Let your kids make mistakes.
- Establish a homework-friendly area, a desk or table that is well-lit, well-stocked with supplies and free from distractions such as television or loud music (or loud siblings!).
- Check completed assignments
- Set a good example by doing your own work – whether that’s reading a book or paying bills.
- Congratulate their successes by hanging exemplary tests or assignments on the refrigerator or bulletin board.
For more, visit kidshealth.org.