The best way to protect yourself from influenza is to get vaccinated.
Annual flu shots are necessary to protect against seasonal strains of the flu.
Mesa County Health Department has several upcoming flu shot clinics:
- Thursday, Nov. 6, 8:30 a.m. – 1 p.m., Community Services Building, 510 29 1/2 Road
- Tuesday, Nov. 13, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m., Gateway Community Center
- Tuesday, Nov. 18, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m., Collbran, Plateau Valley Auditorium
- Wednesday, Nov. 19, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m., DeBeque School
- Tuesday, Nov. 25, 8:30 a.m. – 1 p.m., Community Services Building, 510 29 1/2 Road
For an appointment, call 970-248-6900.
In addition to getting vaccinated against influenza, follow these tips to stay healthy:
- Stay home from work or school if you’re sick.
- Cough into a tissue or your elbow; not your hand.
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth; that’s a prime avenue for your germs to enter your body.
- Sanitize surfaces often.
- Avoid close contact with family members or others who are sick.