Is your princess, scarecrow, or superhero trick-or-treating this year? Let’s be sure to keep our kids safe this Halloween.
Follow these tips:
- Always accompany your child, or make sure they are accompanied by a trusted adult.
- Wherever possible, cross the street at the crosswalks.
- Look both ways before crossing the street.
- Only walk on sidewalks (if there are no sidewalks, walk on the far edge of the road facing traffic).
- Hold a flashlight while trick-or-treating to help you see and others see you.
- Do not enter the homes of others that you do not know well.
- Only visit well-lit houses.
- Never accept rides from a stranger.
- Eat only factory-wrapped candy and treats (do not eat homemade treats made by strangers).
- Remove all face make-up before bedtime to avoid skin and eye irritation.
- Limit the amount of treats you eat.
If you detect any suspicious activity, call 911 immediately.
For more information about these tips, visit: www.cdc.gov/family/halloween
Have a Happy Halloween!