Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
Feeding kids is hard. Add us to your team.
Monday – Thursday from 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Friday from 8 a.m. to Noon
How do I know if I’m eligible?
You’re eligible if you live in Mesa County AND you are:
- A pregnant woman
- A breastfeeding woman (up to one year after the delivery of a baby)
- Postpartum woman who is not breastfeeding (up to 6 months after the delivery of a baby)
- Caring for an infant or child up to their fifth birthday.
You already qualify for WIC if you receive SNAP benefits or on Medicaid.
WIC does not ask for immigration status. All information is confidential.
How do I Apply for WIC?
You need to bring:
- Proof of ID
- Address and income for past 30 days for your household
Clients receive an Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) card at their first appointment. The card is good the day of the appointment at participating local grocery stores.
What foods are in WIC packages?
- Baby food
- Fresh, frozen and canned fruits and vegetables
- Dairy alternatives such as tofu and soy milk
- Whole-grain choices, including 100 percent whole-grain and whole wheat bread, brown rice, soft corn tortillas, and pasta
- Canned or dried beans and peas
- Varieties of canned fish
- Yogurt, milk, cheese, and eggs
- 100 percent fruit and vegetable juices
- Peanut butter
- Infant formula
WIC Food Packages
How does WIC support my family?
WIC provides support and inspiration to eat healthy, have a healthy pregnancy, breastfeed successfully, and raise amazing kids.
Help paying for groceries.
- Families using WIC spend about $108 per month on healthy groceries.
- Thirteen stores in Mesa County take the eWIC card.
Free breastfeeding support.
- Specially-Trained staff to support you.
- A greater quantity and variety of foods.
- Breastfeeding aids for you like breast pumps.
Making nutrition simple.
- Helping kids get comfortable with healthy foods.
- How to shop for healthy food.
- Easy, healthy recipes
- Prenatal nutrition.
We will serve your family. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, or age. You can read our full nondiscrimination statement here.